Friday, April 12, 2013

Fourth Grade - Allison Chostner

Allison teaches fourth grade at Midway Elementary. She is truly an iPad innovator and asks some of the most challenging questions I've ever fielded to push the technology envelope. Here's a look at her iPad:



Allison's Top 5 Apps:

  1. Squeebles Fractions: Works on fraction equivalents, adding fractions, comparing fractions and picturing fractions with cakes. The students get to make their own profiles and earn cake ingredients to enter the "Cake Show". It was not free, but well worth the money.
  2. SMART Notebook: Any smart notebook file you made on your PC can be accessible on your iPad. Students can edit files or create new ones. If made on iPad, then it can still be used on your PC. The files are easily shared from your PC and iPad through Dropbox. It does not have every feature Smart Notebook on you PC has, but the basics are there (text, pics, shapes, lines, stylus pens). It is not free.
  3. SMART Office 2: This is Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint all in one for the iPad! Students can edit files already made on a PC or create new ones. If started on the iPad, then it can still be used on your PC. The files are easily shared from your PC and iPad through Dropbox. It does not have every feature as on your PC has, but can do all the basics. It was well worth the  cost!
  4. Dropbox: This is you My Docs file folder that can be accessed from any PC or Apple Product (iphone, iPad). It automatically syncs with your pics on Apple Products so you can access them from you desktop at any time. This is what i use to open any files on either my PC or iPad! I find myself now saving everything on Dropbox instead of my My Docs. It is free to use!
  5. Math Fact Master: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division: My favorite math fact app because it allows me to select the specific facts for a student to practice. For example, I have a student still needing to work on his multiplication facts x 8 and x 9. I can go in and select multiplication and then select 8 and 9. It will then only do facts x8 and facts x9. It did cost $1.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment